Sunday, August 30, 2009

Summer Dinner

So,Dinner
Tonight it was a Garlic Chive Chicken, Semi boneless, Roasted and Basted with Seasoned Olive Oil. I served it with a natural Jus infused with some french red wine, I made a couple of roasted Chile sauces/pesto/chimmi churri.
Roasted Eggplant, Mixed Color Small Tomatoes, Fresh White Beans, Parsley and pea shoots


Roasted Egg Plant and White Beans, with Sweet Summer Tomatoes and Herbs
1 small Eggplant cut into wedges, dressed in olive oil and salted, roast at 400'f for 8 minutes, chill cooked eggplant, mix with cooked white beans ( I used farmers market fresh beans that I simmered in chicken stock until tender) Fresh Cherry Tomatoes, parsley, olive oil, a splash of good Sherry Vinegar, Kosher Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper.



Roasted Semi Boneless Garlic Chive Chicken


1 under 2# chicken

I like to remove the back bone with some kitchen shears, along with the end nubs of the drumsticks as well as the wing tips and first segments

I use a small pairing knife to remove the ribs, sternum, and thigh bones.


I place all of my bone scrap into a stock pot along with 1# of Chicken Feet and 2# of carrot, onion, and celery cover with water and simmer for 12 to 24 hours


I use twine to roast tie the semi boneless roast after stuffing with parsley stems, garlic chives, salt and pepper

I roast on a rack over a sheet pan, at 380'F Convection (or 400'f standard)


I use a nice olive oil that is seasoned with kosher salt and pepper to baste the chicken every 7 minutes, turning every fourth basting until a internal temperature of 155'F, allow to rest on carving board for at least ten minutes before carving for service.



The Finished Dinner, so good. so good.


I love this time of year.




No comments:

Post a Comment