Friday, October 2, 2009

Halibut Cheek In Herbed Crepe w/ Chive Pesto and Lemon Confit Sauce


Halibut Cheeks:
These little gems are the pride of the fish, pure texture, and pure flavor of the sea, I wanted to find a way to showcase its natural beauty. So, I wrapped it in a herbed French crepe, then baked in the oven at 375'f for 8 to 9 minutes. I served it with a Chive Pesto and a Lemon Confit turned sauce.
-
Halibut Cheek:
I just cleaned them of any excess silver skin. then seasoned with salt, pepper, and lemon zest then set it into the fridge for up to half and hour prior to wrapping in the crepe and baking.
-
-
Herbed Crepe:
3.5 oz powdered sugar
7 oz cake flour
12 oz egg whites
36 oz milk
5 oz melted butter
2 tbsp kosher salt
2 oz chopped herbs ( I like Chive and Flat Leaf Parsley)
-
I sift the dry into the wet, then add the herbs once smooth.
-
Chive Pesto:
4 oz Chives
1 oz Flat Leaf Parsley
2 oz Olive Oil
3 oz Hot Chicken Stock
1 tbsp Lemon Zest
1 tsp Fresh Garlic
Kosher Salt To Taste
Squeeze of lemon Juice
-
-
Blend in Food Processor, this freezes very nicely, I will even freeze them ice trays for single service options.
-
-
Lemon Confit(Turned Sauce)
4 large lemons
1 clove garlic
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 vegetable oil
salt to taste
-
I peeled the lemons with a vegetable peeler removing as little white pith as possible, I blanched the peels in water for 4minutes at a simmer(160'f)
I then added the blanched peels to oil with garlic and bay leaf and simmered for one hour.
-
After an Hour I removed the bay leaf and garlic clove and blended the lemon peels and olive oil smooth. Salt to taste
-

No comments:

Post a Comment